Hi. This is my blog.
Iâ€™m not a huge fan of blogs, mostly for very selfish reasons. One of the biggest reasons is related to money.
Let me spell it out for you.
1) Prior to blogs, there were a limited number of avenues for people to express their opinions about music.
2) People often got paid for offering their opinions about music in those limited number of avenues.
3) Anybody can write a blog and offer opinions about music.
4) Now that there are an unlimited number of avenues for people to offer their opinions about music, the overall worth of anyoneâ€™s opinion about music has substantially decreased.
5) Nobody gets paid for blogs.
6) Including me!
7) Read No. 5 again.
OK, with that said, letâ€™s get down to it. What kind of stuff should be in a blog that a guy like me puts together, anyway? Stuff that I work and slave over? Stuff that I must express or face unending, gnawing emptiness? Or, even more basically, stuff that is stuff?
Perhaps predictably, I have opted for the latter course.
Which means that Iâ€™m going to be sticking material here that has, for various reasons, never appeared on earth before!
I will offer a contextual explanation for each entry when and if it appears.
Iâ€™m sure it will be stunning.